Diner en Blanc returns to Charleston! Registration is open!
Once again, the elegant white wave of dinner guests will invade one of Charleston’s storied public locations. Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Charleston, on Thursday, April 27. For this second edition, more than 1,000 revellers are expected to descend on the new and secret location.
Registration opens at noon on Thursday, March 23 for Phase 1 (returning guests/friends of the organization) and will continute into April for other phases. To sign up on the waiting list to receive an invitation, please visit www.charleston.dinerenblanc.com/register.
This secret affair promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is revealed only minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
“If you were at the event last year, you know to circle this date!” said Bryer Davis, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc - Charleston. “For the second instalment, we have once again searched the city high and low to find a venue that will ‘wow’ and render this night unique and magical as well as welcome more guests.”
Launched in Paris nearly 30 years ago, the original essence of Le Dîner en Blanc remains: friendship, elegance and gallantry. Now, more than 100,000 revellers around the world give this international event an exciting platform for participants to exhibit their fashion sense, showcase their fine taste for design and elegance and share their gastronomic delights.
To maintain the uniqueness of Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous edition; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: charleston.dinerenblanc.com/register, by April 4th.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc - Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on five continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair.
About Le Dîner en Blanc - Charleston Hosts
Bryer Davis joins the Diner en Blanc team with over 10 years of event planning and logistics experience. She has worked on Capitol Hill for eight years, spending her days as the right hand (wo)man to a United States Senator. Bryer has enjoyed the city of Charleston her entire life - as a youth paying on the beaches, as a College of Charleston student, and a young professional eating and drinking her way through all of the fabulous establishments. Bringing Le Dîner en Blanc to Charleston has been a dream and Bryer is excited the event is returning to her surrogate city.
Linda Davis has spent her entire career in the hospitality industry. A native of Annapolis, MD, Linda carved a niche in the industry by opening one of the first event planning and destination management companies in the DC metro area in 1983. While honing her culinary skills at L’Academie de Cuisine she expanded her client offerings to full service catering and opening the first Farm to Table restaurant in Annapolis, The Wild Orchid Café. After many years of travelling the country to produce events for major corporations and national non-profits, Linda is excited to be part of a dynamic, accomplished team bringing Le Dîner en Blanc to Charleston.
Kaitlin Davis Barry joined the Diner en Blanc team three years ago as a Pedestrian Leader. Her volunteer responsibilities grew, and soon after she joined Linda and Bryer as a co-host of the worldwide phenomenon in three cities. Kaitlin has a hospitality background with eight years in the hotel and event planning industry. In 2015, Kaitlin became a partner of The Davis Group, LLC, an event planning, management + production company, servicing clients along the east coast. Charleston holds a special place in her heart as it was one of the first beaches she stepped foot on as a child and to this day, continues to bring family and friends to the area - enjoying every bite, sip and piece of history the city has to offer. Along with the rest of the team, Kaitlin is beyond excited to bring Diner en Blanc back to the Holy City.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: